Opening day 2022 in Saint-Louis – schedule and details
ST. LOUIS, Missouri, April 5, 2022 – A pre-game ceremony that introduces the 2022 St. Louis Cardinals, honors the club’s Hall of Fame and commemorates the grand tradition of Opening Day in St. Louis will mark baseball’s annual return to Busch Stadium Thursday, April 7. open the 2022 season at home against the Pittsburgh Pirates at 3:15 p.m. CT. A pre-game schedule and information can be found below and at cardinals.com/OpeningDay to help fans enjoy the unofficial holiday that is #OpeningDaySTL:
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Official Opening Day Pep Rally at Ballpark Village: Join Fredbird, Crew Fredbird, DJ Todd Thomas, Cardinals Organist Dwayne Hilton and Cardinals Alumni on the Missouri Lottery Stage at Together Credit Union Plaza for the Cardinals Opening Day Pep Rally . This event is free for all fans and will run rain or shine. The Cheer Rally includes prizes and tickets to Opening Day and other games this season.
2022 Cardinals Magnet Calendar: All fans, ages 21 and older, will receive a magnet featuring the 2022 Cardinals schedule, courtesy of Budweiser.
12:05 p.m. – 12:55 p.m. Cardinals batting practice (subject to change)
1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. Pirates batting practice (subject to change)
2:30 p.m. Start of pre-match ceremonies with an appearance by the famous Budweiser Clydesdale
2:33 p.m. Introducing Fredbird and the Fredbird Team
2:34 p.m. Baseball is Back Scoreboard Video
2:37 p.m. Recognition of ownership and management of Cardinals
2:38 p.m. Introduction of Cardinals Hall of fame via the motorcade of Ford Mustang 2022
2:48 p.m. Special Tribute dashboard video
2:53 p.m. Presentation of the Cardinals of St. Louis via 2022 Ford F-150 Tremor motorcade
3:04 p.m. Presentation of the Pittsburgh Pirates
3:06 p.m. National anthem performed by Fleet Street & color guard presentation by Fort Leonard Wood
3:09 p.m. First pitch ceremony
Opening Day airs on Bally Sports Midwest and streams on the Bally Sports app. An extended edition of Cardinals Live pre-game starts at 1:30 p.m. Bally Sports Midwest and will include live coverage of the pre-game ceremonies inside Busch Stadium. Dan McLaughlin and Jim Edmonds will call the game, with Jim Hayes serving as a journalist. Alexa Datt, Ricky Horton and Brad Thompson will host pre-game and post-game coverage from a special set inside Busch Stadium.
Fans can listen KMOX 1120 AM, 98.7 FMor one of the 147 stations of the Cardinals Radio Network to hear John Rooney, Ricky Horton and Mike Claiborne call the game. The Ameren Total Access show will begin at 1:40 p.m. and will include live coverage of the pregame ceremonies inside Busch Stadium.
Fans can log in locally to WIJR 880 AM “La Tremenda” to hear the cardinal Spanish broadcasters Ascension polo shirt and Bengie Molina also call the home usher.
Fans can follow the game for free on cardinals.com using the Gameday app and can keep tabs on the score from their mobile device using the MLB application. The Cardinals home opener, including pre-game ceremonies, will be streamed live on the Bally Sports app, BallySports.com (for fans who authenticate through their pay-TV service) and KMOX.com.
Based on an expected regular season attendance of three million fans, Greater St. Louis, Inc. estimates the Cardinals will generate a total of $302.1 million in regional economic activity for the next season. The analysis estimates that the direct economic impact will total $141 million, resulting in an indirect economic impact of $161.1 million, with out-of-town visitors accounting for over 40% of total attendees.
The analysis uses the IMPLAN economic impact model, which measures how spending related to an event has multiple impacts and spreads through a region, benefiting households and businesses in the region. Direct, indirect and total economic figures are based on estimates of visitor spending and the economic contribution of Cardinals and Busch stadium operations.
Catering service at Busch Stadium
Delaware North Sportservice, the club’s concessionaire for more than 50 years, is preparing to welcome fans back to Busch Stadium. The following updates have been made to improve catering service inside Busch Stadium:
· mobile control: Fans seated in sections 141-160 and the Redbird Club (sections 241-257) will be able to order from a menu of stadium favorites, including hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, beer and sodas to their phone through the MLB Ballpark app and have their order delivered right to their seat. Payments will be made in the app and orders will be delivered quickly.
· “Top of the 5th” concession stand: Choose from some of the most popular specialty concession items that Cardinals fans love. Top Dog hot dogs, nachos from El Birdo and new Italian beef sandwiches from Nonna’s highlight the hot food options at this new Grab ‘N Go stand. Finish them off with a host of hot and cold toppings . With a great selection of canned beers and sodas, as well as snacks and ice cream. Located near Gate 5 in left field.
· Grab ‘N Go Express Self-Checkout: In an effort to reduce transaction times and clutter, five concession stands have been converted to allow fans to grab “Ballpark Favorites” and quickly scan and pay for their items themselves. These Grab N’ Go concession stands are near sections 132, 146, 162, 446 and the new “Top of the 5th” stand near Gate 5.
Delaware North Executive Chef Larry Johnson and his culinary team have crafted a few new menu items for the 2022 season, including:
· Nonna’s Italian Beef Sandwich: Sliced prime rib, grilled and seasoned with Italian spices. Soaked in juice and topped with provolone cheese. Add red peppers, onions and Giardiniera to this St. Louis favorite. Available near Sections 151, 189, 434 and the new “Top of the 5th” booth near Gate 5.
· Grilled Meatballs: Grilled meatballs in two exciting flavors: roasted garlic marinara and BBQ style. Served on fresh potato chips or as part of our Grand Slam Mixed Grill box. Perfect for sharing! Available at the Terrace Grill in section 428.
· St. Louis BBQ Nachos: Homemade smoked pulled pork, BBQ sauce, crispy nacho chips and spicy jalapeno cheddar cheese. Shake some barbecue spices! Available at the Broadway BBQ stand in section 109.
· “Pop Pop Hooray! » Gourmet Popcorn: We are thrilled to add this local gourmet popcorn family business and its great products to Busch Stadium. We will be offering four flavors: Cheddar, Red Caramel, Popcorn and Stage Mix (Cheddar + Red Caramel). All popcorn is made with premium non-GMO ingredients, is gluten-free, and popped in 100% coconut oil. Available in the Coke corner near Gate 1.
· Island Freeze Frozen Drinks: Cool off at the ballpark this summer with a slew of frozen drinks. Served in two collectible to-go mugs: a 16 oz Mason jar and a 20 oz half yard. Choose one of our delicious frozen flavors or mix and match to create your own holiday in your hand. Available near section 160.
Opening Day 2022 50/50 draw and silent auction
The Cardinals Care 50/50 Draw is a chance for fans to try their luck while making a difference in our community. Opening Day raffle tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. on Thursday, April 7, with the draw taking place on Sunday, April 10 at the end of round 7. One lucky winner will take home half of the total pot, while the other half will go to Cardinals Care to help support the Redbird Rookies youth softball and baseball program and our grant program which provides much-needed funding to charitable organizations. local nonprofits that support children.
Raffle tickets are 60 for $20, 10 for $10 or 3 for $5. Fans must be 18 years of age or older and located in the State of Missouri at time of purchase. To purchase tickets, visit cardinals.com/5050.
Additionally, the Cardinals will host a silent auction on opening weekend featuring autographed jerseys, baseball, caps and more from Thursday, April 7 at 9 a.m. through Sunday, April 10 at 9 p.m. Fans can bid online at cardinals.com/ccauctions.
Official 2022 Team Media Guide
The St. Louis Cardinals Media Guide is the official resource used daily by Cardinals sportswriters, broadcasters and front office personnel. Celebrating the iconic drumming of Yadier Molina and Adam Wainwright, the Cardinals Media Guide features stats and biographies for every player in the organization and is the best and most comprehensive book on the Cardinals.
The 2022 Media Guide is available for $20 at the official Cardinals Team Store, Cardinals Authentics stores, or online at cardinals.com/mediaguide.
· In conjunction with a league-wide policy established by Major League Baseball, the St. Louis Cardinals reserve the right to inspect all items entering Busch Stadium.
· Guests may bring items such as: bags, purses, and soft-sided coolers no larger than 10” x 10” x 8”; food, soft drinks in factory-sealed plastic bottles not exceeding 2 liters; empty plastic cups, cups or bottles.
· Fans can visit cardinals.com/security for the full stadium inspection policy and list of prohibited items.